Thursday, May 7, 2009

We work so hard for something, and in an instant it's out of your hands and on the floor.

Funny how fast everything you've worked for, everything you've tried to accomplish in a certain period of time, can all fall down the drain in less than 30 seconds. And I'm not going to lie, it completely ruins my goals, my tasks that I have set for myself. I am no longer able to complete them...in an independent stage.
Yesterday, early in the day, miraculously I started feeling the adult that I'm supposed to be.
But I tell myself this very often, no matter how old you act or the level of maturity you've been able to acquire, people will always see you as the number in your I.D. People, might include family, friends, love interests, teachers, employers/employees/coworkers, etc...
It might change throughout, but it is rare for 35 yr old to see an 18 yr old as one of their own(not meaning as a child or sibling), just a simple example.

Thought that I was ready to set myself free from all the things that we usually attain from home.
 Someone always stands in my path for success, they just don't allow me to get a taste of the nice midnight breeze. This might sound arrogant or non appreciative, but this person is my mother. Many always tell my sister and I, "oh you just don't understand, just wait till you have kids." But that's not an accurate piece of information. I see individuals with an eased state of mind, and their children are emerging greatly in this "piece-of-shit" world.

Maybe I'm just overlooking too many things right now because part of my life is ending really soon, not dying but just ending.
But that's the beauty of it, we all have to adjust to it and change with it.
No matter how life changing or life breaking it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment