Friday, July 31, 2009

"I wanna learn you...

inside out."
-Lifehouse

Recently, I've been...well I guess, searching for a better me. This week has helped me get a better insight on what kind of person I am, who I'm looking for and who I will become. A lot of soul searching within myself. It's tough.
You start seeing your true qualities, your defects, what you need to get rid of (bad habits), etc...

I'm still in the middle and in between paths of were and what should I be. But why should I try to see who I am to please other people. I am who I am. Sometimes I do get tired of being my good ol' self, I just wanna take a risk and not care what other people think. Or stop thinking about what I do will affect me in the future, I have to live for today...not save all my energy for a day that's not promised.

"We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are.
Sane or insane.
Saints or sex addicts.
Heroes or villains.
Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future.
Or we can decide for ourselves, and maybe it's our job to invent something better."
-Chuck Palahniuk

A little note to my post, "I wandered through fiction, to look for the truth": ...maybe sometimes what you're after is not your fault, because happily ever after is what you're taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment