Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update.

Plans. Plans. And more plans.
Looking for an apartment (looking but possibly won't buy none, but wanting to. No money, none at all.), summer plans, college(excited about that one), looking for a job...just to sum up a few.

Wondering how many of you actually sit there and read this. (Dean, thank you.)
And realizing that I have to stop treating this blog as if it were some kind of college essay or newspaper column.

I've learned to appreciate the true things around me, friends for one. Graduation is just around the corner, I can taste it! I'm so excited to leave all this life behind and move on to greater and better things.

I recently registered for New Student Orientation at UTEP, pretty freaking excited!
My dad isn't so enthused and optimistic about me going to college. Weird, huh? He wants me to just get a small 6 to 8 month career, and get on with my life like that. I somewhat knew and prepared myself for it because I just know how he is. I basically don't like sharing my life with my father, so some of you now know why I come to you and explain events in excruciating details. My mom on the other hand just doesn't have time...my sister, just wants you to hear her out but when it comes to you, she becomes uninterested. Funny, actually; I've come to cope and mend with it. That's why I would go to him often, but now, there's nothing to talk about or we just don't talk.
Ah, but what the heck.
Found new great/amazing people to express myself, and they actually take the time to hear me out.

Only 6 more days left of high school. Everyone is trying to finish up their yearbook signatures. Trying to keep grades up. Watching movies in every class now or just having "end of the year" parties. I've been visiting teachers that I've had throughout the years, it's been good seeing them, remembering good memories in their classroom. Some I will miss. Others...ehh.

I will surely miss the daily routine, but I think I'm positive I'll find another along the way.

1 comment:

  1. This another very enjoyable post. You have a real knack of writing out a train of thought. It has a nice conversational feel to it - it flows naturally, yet is doesn't feel unfocused either. The reason I notice that is I'm NOT good at writing that way. I wish I were! My writing is always structured, even when I'm writing about personal things.

    Sometimes in this approach, though, you'll leave an interesting thread unresolved. For example, you mention that you have "stop treating this blog as if it were some kind of college essay or newspaper column," but you didn't mention how your writing for this blog is going to change. I'm going to be interested to find out.

    Finally I'm sorry your family isn't more supportive of you. Especially when it comes to college and your future, remember that this is your life we're talking about. You cannot let other people, not even your family, come between you and your dreams and whatever it is that will bring you happiness.

    ReplyDelete